Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Black Box

I just finished reading Black Box and I thought it was one of the best fiction pieces I have read in recent times, which is really saying a lot because I am a little reading machine.

When I began, I thought it would be similar to Sonya Sones' novel Stop Pretending (also a stellar work of fiction). However, this book was so much more emotional and touching.

Though I have not personally ever dealt with anyone who was depressed, knowingly, there was so much content to connect with from other parts of living daily life.

Schumacher did such an excellent job with the characters. I have a sister and I would feel exactly the same way if we were going through those things; everything felt very authentic. I could identify very easily with the characters.

This book is very, very sad. It made me grateful that I have dodged the depression bullet in my life. It made me hope that the student who needs this book will be able to find it.

I am touched by this novel.

No comments: