Friday, April 18, 2008

TLA

This week I attended TLA.
I am all about being a librarian. It is a large part of my identity. I had a great time at TLA. A great time!
However, there are a few things that I would like to point out to others of my profession.

It goes a little like this:
1. Over a certain weight limit, knit pants are FORBIDDEN. Knit pants look good on my sister. She weighs 90 lbs. If you aren't in this category, go right to your closet and "weed" those pants from the collection.

2. If you do decide to forgo my advice and keep the no-no-knits, please heed this warning: knit pants should only come in black. There is no need to match your horrible pants to your horrible shoes.

3. Shirts with applique - appliquepasa? Why? Seriously. No one needs to wear a school bus on their shirt. If I walked into my doctors office and she had a stethoscope monogrammed on her lab coat, I would probably collect my things and walk out. Where is our professional pride?

4. Why are librarians, who basically trademarked "shhhh!!!", always TALKING during presentations? Oh my gosh!

5. If you wear open toed sandals, skip the hose. If you have to wear the hose, skip the open toed sandals. Whoever said that these things go together is a horrible, horrible liar.

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but seriously folks - if we want to be professionals and recognized as such, we have a little work to do.

I am going to do my part...

No comments: