Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Undead

So...as I previously mentioned, the Undead are out in full force.

Zombie Blondes by Brian James kicked off my foray into the dark side of YA literature.
The ZBs are this crazy group of cheerleader zombies. They dress the same, look the same, and KILL THE SAME (please cue sinister music).
All kidding aside, any book that puts cheerleaders as the undead...I can get behind it. I always thought there was a little something unnatural about all of that bending and jumping; a nod to Brian James for taking it to the next level.

After I finished off the Zombie's, I decided it was a pretty happening topic, so I moved on to Generation Dead. I've linked to author Daniel Waters' blog because, well, he is a pretty cool guy. I'll tell you what...if the story doesn't sell on this puppy, the book cover will get this book a-movin. The main character falls in love with one of the zombies and all hell breaks loose.
Also, Oprah said that you should read it, so...DO IT!

Lisa McMann wrote Wake, which was pretty interesting. You could not pay me to enter the dream world of high schoolers, but this brave lady attempted to do so and the result is actually less revolting that you might imagine. Lisa McMann also accepted my friend request on Facebook, so...we're pretty much BFF right now. :)

I read some other things, too...but they were about living folks. I'll save that for next time.
Happy Reading (moo-ha-ha-ha [evil laugh]).

**all books mentioned have sequel potential. Be aware that you MAY be hooked...**

No comments: