Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cassandra Clare has put a Spell on Me

Oh, Cassandra Clare...you write such good books, I wonder if you put magic in them...which would explain why I have read City of Bones, City of Ashes, and pre-ordered City of Glass all in one weekend.

With your story lines, you have captivated my interest. With your quick witted dialogue and interesting characters, you have woven a spell around my brain that I can't shake. With your compelling cliff hanger endings, you have enchanted me and left me reading other tripe while trying to fill in the time until your final (will it be final?) installment is produced. Oh...and the prequel!! 2010 seems so far away!!

In City of Bones, we are introduced to Clary, her best friend Simon, Jace and his band of Shadowhunters. We are introduced, in fact, to a whole new world that is entirely fascinated. Do I speak fairy or warlock? No. But when I am reading Clare's fabulous works of art, I think that I am an expert.
This lady has done such a fabulous job, that I couldn't even wait for our book vendors to send the next installments. Instead I had to visit my good friend AMAZON and order them up.

In City of Ashes, Jace and Clary's battle continues. I have 100 pages left and I can't wait to see if there is a Star Wars twist involved. How can these two be related? The world of Shadowhunters becomes more and more interesting with each page turn, making me wish I was a cool assassin instead of just a boring run of the mill librarian ;).

I don't even mind that there has been 48 hours worth of football on the tv downstairs. I am in my own little demon vs. shadowhunter vs. lycanthrope vs. vampire vs. evil father vs. fairy world. And it's a good one.

Thank you for being so talented, Ms. Clare. I am just sorry that it took me this long to find you!

No comments: