Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Lantern


The romance was a whirlwind and then Dom & Eve found themselves living together at Les Genévriers in France - a place perfect for lovers with rich gardens, statues, country living charm. But the story unfolds giving us a chilling view of who the previous tenants were and what really happened at Les Genévriers. The story must be told, but who is compelling it? The lantern is the only go between this world and the one of the past, and as the past resurfaces, Dom and Eve find themselves torn apart over the things they don't know about each other.

I may not be doing it justice here, but this book was a surprise for me. I couldn't put it down. I wanted to finish it find out just what exactly the truth looked like. It was scary, mysterious, Gothic, and it definitely made me want to work in a lavender field.

I give this one a gold star!

The Lantern
by Deborah Lawrenson

No comments: